Monday, August 12, 2013

And Then There Were Three...

A lot of amazing things come in threes:


The Hanson brothers, for example.......
The contents of a BLT.....

Wise Men....
   Braids....

And apparently, my eggs. Today was the egg retrieval, and while yesterday I was hopeful that I had 6 good follicles with eggs, I learned that only 3 were retrieved.  This is still completely on par with what is expected  for Mini IVF cycles, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me nervous.  I was hoping to have enough that if any were abnormal, or didn't fertilize, that  I would still have plenty to transfer one and have a couple of frosties left over. That's still a possibility of that, but I didn't have the "cushion" I was hoping for.  Tomorrow I get my fert report, and I'm hoping and praying that I'll get good news that they all fertilized and are doing well. They said I can call anytime during the next week to see how they are doing, but they'll call me on Sunday  to let me know how many made it to freeze and what the status was prior to freeze. The 2WW has always  sucked, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be worse - it feels like the stakes are higher. 

If all goes well, I get to be completely med free for a few weeks before I go back and learn more about when my embryo transfer will be. If all goes well, I'll  be pregnant in September.



No comments:

Post a Comment