Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'm On a Boat.....

Ahoy Mateys. It's been awhile, but I've been busy doing things.....like this.........


And also, kinda like this........


That's right biatches, I've been sailing, on a boat.  As a Pisces, this is essentially a best case scenario.  I love the water. But I can't really swim, and I'm too poor to own anything other than a canoe, so if given the chance, you can bet your bottom dollar I will get my ass on a boat.  In this case, a Presidential Yacht, no big deal.  

Through my work, we were given the opportunity to sail aboard a yacht that served 5 sitting US Presidents, including Truman, Eisenhower, Johnson, and Nixon, but most notably, President Kennedy, who spent a lot of time with his family aboard said yacht.  Yet somehow this broad cruised on it as well.....and will again this weekend!  Seriously, I do not lead a charmed life, but this is pretty epic.

In any case, all the boating has kept my mind occupied a bit, and conveniently OFF the fact that I am T minus 5 days from finding out which study arm I will be in for my IVF study. Say WHAT?  Time flies.  In the past couple of weeks, I have been getting my genetic testing done, getting some additional blood work done, transferring my medical records and my husband's medical records, and trying to prepare for this gigantic leap into the wild and crazy world of IVF.

If I am being honest with myself, there is only one thing that is truly terrifying me at this point, and that is intramuscular injections. The thought of jamming a needle into a major muscle group nearly makes me double over in a fit of hyperventilation and/or vomiting. I have not yet  come to terms with the fact that this may (neigh, WILL) be my reality. Aside from that however, I am just anxious to get this show on the road. 

Aside from being anxious to begin treatments, I am also officially the last man standing. Today I found out that my sister, who has also been struggling with infertility, got her BFP after her second IUI cycle w/injectibles.  I am so thrilled for her, as we started trying at nearly the same time, and I know what a long road it's been.  With absolutely zero insurance coverage, this was their Hail Mary, so I am very grateful that it worked. Her betas were really high so they aren't even going to re-test, just send her in for an ultrasound in 2 weeks. As a status update, my older sister has an 8 year old son, my youngest sister has a 2 year old son and is pregnant and due in December, and now my middle sister is pregnant and due in March. Me, welp, I'm still barren. I am the only one out of my siblings who swept right through her 20's without getting pregnant and  now sits firmly in my 30's still praying for a baby.  I am legitimately happy for my sister's BFP, but damn if I'm not selfish enough to wish that I had the same thing going for me.

5 days.

Then I'm on my way......


1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh the day is quickly approaching! I know the injects are scary. But honestly the IM inject wasn't the worst for me. I think it depends on which med you're injecting. My Menopur which was SubQ burned and hurt the most. The IM was sore afterwards but not painful. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete