Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Visit From The Good-News Fairy

For real,  I don't know what to do with good news. It's been such a novelty over the last year!  Today I found out that with the IVF clinical study I am participating in, that they will only include one egg retrieval, but up to SIX embryo transfers if the first is not successful. Come again?!  I really really hope we don't need it, but dang it feels  good to have a little bit of a back up plan!

I am only 2 days away from the appointment in which I find out what study arm we are in, and I am trying really hard, but fairly unsuccessfully to keep myself distracted. I worked all weekend, which normally would irritate me, but in this case, I loved it because I had a solid 2 days in which I had to divert my focus towards other things. Tomorrow I am working from home, and also plan to do as much of the last-minute wrap up before Tuesday's appointment as possible.  We are still waiting on the results of my genetic testing as well as both me and my husband's infectious disease blood panels so that I can bring them to the new clinic, and I also have to complete a pre-treatment survey with a research coordinator regarding the stress of infertility and treatments. Stress? What stress??? ::insert maniacal laughter::: Ok, but really.....


And also, this.....

Because come Tuesday, this will be me:





No comments:

Post a Comment