Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Filling in a Shit Sandwich

That's what the last few weeks have felt like. How's THAT for descriptive??

I've been insanely busy with work for the last few weeks, counting down to our biggest event of the year. I have hated nearly every moment of the preparation, especially while riding a near constant wave of nausea, but hallelujah! The event is over! And for the most part, so is my morning sickness! Woohoo! I feel like I should knock on would and avoid jinxing myself, but the last few days have been substantially better, which has me hoping that things are on the upswing and maybe I'll even start to get some energy back soon. I'm still tired most of the time, but I'll chalk that up to the work craziness, and hope that goes away with the conclusion of the event as well.

So while I can safely say that life should calm down a bit going forward, I couldn't be happier that I am a few short minutes away from this day being OVER! I put in a 16 hour day yesterday, a 12 hour day today, spent the evening cleaning up vomit (not my own), and returned home to find I had locked myself out of my apartment......and my husband is out of town for work. Yeehaw! I lost a credit card in the process of trying to break in, and pissed of my Super by waking him up, but I am in. In my pajamas. And planning a well-timed half day tomorrow. AND I just ate Aunt Jemima blueberry waffles. So there's that.

In terms of pregnancy updates - I'm trucking along at almost 11 weeks, which is kind of mind blowing.

I found an OB and have my first appointment as a "normal" pregnant woman this week. I am hoping that I'll get to see the baby again, but don't really know what to expect. IF brain still gets the best of me sometimes, and I feel like I need the ultrasounds to rely on in order to believe that everything is ok, but I know that after hearing the heartbeat 3 times that the odds of anything going wrong are very small. 

I'm also getting "thick." That's just a word I use to make me feel better about the fact that I am so bloated on top of having been 20 pounds over my "happy weight" before I even got pregnant. Grrr! Thick is probably not the right word though. I look like I have a toddler's pool floatie around my waist. 
If all goes well at my appointment, I'm planning on telling my boss next Monday, and making it Facebook official on Wednesday at 12 weeks. The whole thing is kind of scary, because that makes it real, but it will also be kind of nice to stop hiding it. 

Randomly, my sister heard a fun fact on the radio, that when people announce they are pregnant, a ridiculously high percentage of people immediately think of the pregnant person having sex with their partner. First of all, I refuse to believe this, because I have never done that.  Secondly, we DIDN'T have sex to get pregnant, so haha, weirdos! You're barking up the wrong tree! Surprise! Imagine a petri dish, and you're right on target. :)

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! That's great your feeling better. Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I agree - I have never once thought of the couple having sex when I hear they're pregnant! wtf?

    Sorry you had such a shitty day. I'm glad to hear that event is over though and that your nausea is hopefully getting better! Yay for moving on to being a "normal" pregnant woman!!

    ReplyDelete