Wednesday, November 27, 2013

We've Got a Live One!!

So it seems that I'm keeping up with my terrible "once-every-two-and-a-half-week" posting average. Yay me! I wish my life were interesting enough to post more regularly, but if I posted daily you'd be hearing tales of what I ate for breakfast and the kind of socks I wore. And let's be honest....no one wants that.

Since I last posted, a few things have happened. Most excitingly, I had my NT Scan this week! Last time I saw my baby, it looked like an upside down melted gummy bear. Cute, nonetheless, but essentially looked more like a Rorschach test than an actual human being. This time, the minute the screen lit up, I saw my baby's profile and little legs kicking away! It was absolutely unreal. Check out that cute little nose and those lips! I am so in love!

While the baby is growing, my gut is definitely growing too. I can still fit into some of my jeans, but why bother when maternity pants have the stretchy waistband that doesn't show the muffin top?  My face was a wreck in this photo, so instead, I give you this.....13 weeks on the dot!

By some stroke of luck, my OB does an initial anatomy scan at 16 weeks in addition to the complete anatomy scan at 21 weeks, thus, in about 3 weeks I may know whether this little nugget is a boy or a girl! We did not tell our families if/when we are finding out the sex, so my hope is that I can surprise them at Christmas with a wrapped/framed ultrasound photo with either a blue bow tie on the neck for a boy, or a pink bow on the head for a girl. I always, always said I wanted to wait to find out the sex at birth, but now that I'm here, I just don't think I have the patience to wait. 

Speaking of Christmas.....I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I can't.freaking.wait for Christmas! J and I haven't put up a tree or decorated in 2 years.  Between traveling home for Christmas and not being able to celebrate here, we just haven't put the effort in, but this year, we are starting new Christmas traditions as a family. Saturday, we are going to pick up a REAL Christmas tree and today, I started decorating. I made a wreath, and also hung our stockings. Here they are: 

The wreath was made with thick cable yarn, silver glitter pine cones, silver bells, and a wooden letter with silver glitter. For the stockings, I picked up some twine wrapped initials for each of us, and since we don't have a chimney to hang them from with care, they are hung from wall sconces. Improvise, I say!  I am so excited to decorate everything else! We are going to go with deep cranberry red, silver, glitter, and pine. I think it will be beautiful!

Finally, because this post was generally serious and we all know that's not totally my style, I'll leave you with my tragic moment for the day; I nearly shit my pants while sitting in stop and go traffic on the way home from the store. If it wasn't for a lot of ass-cheek clenching, I would have had a disaster on my hands. Things are going south. I'm skeered. 



No comments:

Post a Comment