Sunday, May 12, 2013

Things I Do At 32

Sheesh, I have been shittacular at updating.  And I have no really good reason, other than the fact that I have been hooked on Candy Crush Saga and Best Ink, and can't seem to inspire myself to conjure up something worthwhile to talk about that doesn't involve my vagina or the ridiculous amount of Dr. visits that seem to fill my time.  I finally have a few things to talk about. 

The last couple of weeks have been interesting for me. I took a week off of work, for no other reason than the fact that work was making me want to fake my own death and never return.  Don't worry though, I am over it. I just really really needed a break.  I decided to head home and visit family for 5 days. The visit itself was pretty good overall.  The most noteworthy things that occurred:

1)  Following my tiptoe into the world of being blonde, at the recommendation of my stylist, Leo, I decided to let my sister (also a cosmetologist) lighten my hair even more.....and add some subtle hot pink extensions.  I am sure you are wondering how hot pink extensions can be "subtle", but I had them added in the under layers of my hair so that they can be hidden a bit, but also brought out a bit more. I love them. It feels fun, and a little bit sassy, but still not too cray-cray.

2)  I got motion sickness and projectile vomited on the airplane on the way home.  Hands down, the most humiliating moment of my life.  Nothing more to say about that one.

3) I have shamelessly been taking in the beautiful weather this past week. One of the things that I love about my job is the camaraderie between my co-workers.  Friday, we took full advantage of the 70 degrees and sun.  We all packed up our laptops and went to the park where we spent the day working, and sharing a picnic. When we got back to the office, we wrapped up and enjoyed some brews before heading home for the weekend. Aside from the obvious awesome here, it was made better by the fact that my co-workers legitimately kick ass. 

The weekend is over, and tomorrow I head back to reality.  I have another ultrasound tomorrow morning, after my last ultrasound showed that I had no mature follicles. I was disappointed, but not surprised. With a natural cycle IUI and normal ovulation around CD17 or 18, an ultrasound on CD12 was pretty much just for the fun of not going too long between dildo-cam exams.  That said, I am hoping that tomorrow nets some more positive results.

Stay Classy, everyone. Catch you on the flip.

No comments:

Post a Comment