Friday, March 15, 2013

Swamped

I have been absolutely freaking swamped. This week, I have not left work prior to 8pm, and have been dog tired by the time I get home. We are gearing up for our biggest event of the year at work, and on Sunday I leave for a full week to participate as the point person for one nationwide component of this project. Yikes!  Super excited, a little nervous, and moderately overwhelmed.

I am several days late updating on my last RE appointment, but because I haven't really talked to anyone about it, you are getting the full update. (Yay for you).

This cycle I did 100mg of Clomid from days 3-7, and went in for my monitoring appointment on Wednesday, which was CD10. I was hoping for better progress than what I got, especially since I am leaving town on Sunday, and wanted to be sure to get the IUI in before I left.  Unfortunately, on Wednesday, my lining was only at a 6.5 (last cycle it was at 9), and while I had 5 follicles, they were measuring smaller than last cycle. I had a 12mm on the right, and a 16, 12, and two 11mm on the left.  As I understand it, follies usually grow about 2mm in 24-36 hours, and they like to see them at around 18mm or better before the IUI. I have been hoping like crazy that those bad boys grew like crazy and that I will have a few good targets.

New this cycle was the introduction of a trigger shot. Me and shots don't mix. At all.  I hate getting my blood drawn, I hate the finger prick and I really really hate shots. However, in order to time things properly and get this shiz done before my work trip, it was a necessary evil.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I had psyched myself out that it would be, and now I am all geared up to go in for my IUI tomorrow.

I will be wearing my St.Jude medallion, my rose quartz bracelet and will be begging prayers, positive thoughts, and well-wishes from family, friends and strangers alike. 26 months in and I am ready for something to work!

I am assuming the next week will be insane, and I don't know if I will be able to check in, but hopefully I will have some really awesome news to report in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment